Verb(1) give sanction to(2) judge to be right or commendable; think well of
(1) We don't approve of this in wine bars, and we don't approve of it here.(2) she doesn't approve of their methods(3) Someone donating that much to me would be doing so because they approve of the idea of an independent journalist.(4) The Cabinet is scheduled to officially approve its proposal tomorrow during the weekly Cabinet meeting.(5) National polls show that barely one-third of Americans approve of the job Congress is doing.(6) This is not to say that they approve of the man in all his particulars.(7) I approve of that, so long as they don't confuse fitness and beauty.(8) How do I know you haven't edited out all the interesting bits, simply because you don't approve of murder stories?(9) However, the meeting may approve such a proposal or modification with the concurrence of the preferential creditor concerned.(10) they would not approve(11) While condemning pornography, most of us approve of, or even advocate, erotica.(12) Dentists approve of children's electric toothbrushes because they clean well, but even so, a parent should do the brushing.(13) If councillors approve the latest proposals to the district plan it could be adopted by the end of May.(14) Look, just because you have to tolerate something doesn't mean you have to approve of it!(15) I thought you'd approve(16) her parents didn't approve of the relationship
(1) approve of :: kukubaliana na
(2) not approve :: kuidhinisha
(3) examine and approve :: kuchunguza na kuidhinisha
(4) check and approve :: kuangalia na kupitisha
1. agree with ::
2. accept ::
1. decline ::
2. deny ::
3. disallow ::
4. disapprove ::
5. negative ::
6. reject ::
7. veto ::
approve, approved, approves, approving
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Are you concerned your parents
might not APPROVE of Leonard?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 22
You neither APPROVE nor trust.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
No. You decide,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
How many arrangements do you think
they would APPROVE to save
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 4
does my father not APPROVE
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
English to Swahili Dictionary: approve
Meaning and definitions of approve, translation in Swahili language for approve with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of approve in Swahili and in English
Tags for the entry "approve"
What approve means in Swahili, approve meaning
in Swahili, approve definition, examples and pronunciation
of approve in Swahili language.