Noun(1) the process whereby a person concentrates on some features of the environment to the (relative(2) the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something(3) a general interest that leads people to want to know more(4) a courteous act indicating affection(5) the faculty or power of mental concentration(6) a motionless erect stance with arms at the sides and feet together; assumed by military personnel during drill or review
(1) I listened with great care and attention to a detailed and lengthy statement from the prime minister.(2) he drew attention to three spelling mistakes(3) Is that the only passage in which the trial judge drew attention to his interest in the outcome of the proceedings?(4) Obviously, it was just a sign of his lack of care and attention , after all, strimming edges is hardly rocket science, is it?!(5) Not that such considerations made any difference when we turned our attention to the menu.(6) These patients require the same attention and care as those who meet all the criteria.(7) Since then, they have turned their attention to fixing roads and keeping people fed.(8) Nationally, the figures showed a huge rise in the number of animals not getting the most basic care and attention .(9) Guards standing to attention on parade could become quite faint in temperatures that could reach 100 degrees in summer.(10) By June local readers had turned their attention to the European elections.(11) Rafael glanced at her for a second then turned his attention to the road again.(12) The honor guard took the casket off the airplane, as we all stood at attention , saluting.(13) He also admitted driving without due care and attention and was fined Ôö¼├║250 and had his licence endorsed.(14) the new book is attracting a lot of attention(15) The sentinel still stood at attention directly under the lantern, not moving but to breathe.(16) Two guards either side of the castle doors stood to attention , their eyes scouring the Teger men fiercely.
(1) pay attention :: makini
(2) paying attention :: makini
(3) draw attention :: kuvuta hisia
(4) pay attention to :: makini na
(5) pay close attention :: makini sana
(6) attract attention :: kuvutia
(7) attention span :: tahadhari span
(8) for the attention of :: kwa usikivu wa
(9) attention to :: makini
1. consideration ::
2. awareness ::
3. care ::
6. attending ::
1. inattention ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
No, you're not.
Pay no ATTENTION to that man in the bed.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 2
Woman over PA: Attention.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
I know you chatter on about it all the time,
but I've never really paid ATTENTION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
No, we don't want to draw
any unwanted tax ATTENTION.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
you haven't been paying ATTENTION.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
English to Swahili Dictionary: attention
Meaning and definitions of attention, translation in Swahili language for attention with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of attention in Swahili and in English language.
Tags for the entry "attention"
What attention means in Swahili, attention meaning in Swahili, attention definition, examples and pronunciation of attention in Swahili language.