Noun(1) a flow of electricity through a conductor(2) a steady flow of a fluid (usually from natural causes(3) dominant course (suggestive of running water
Adjective(1) occurring in or belonging to the present time
(1) As discussed previously, voltage is measured in volts, and current is measured in amps.(2) the current swept her away(3) coastal current(4) that theory was current in the 1980s(5) The prospectus doesn't forecast what will happen in the current year.(6) Then measure the voltage and current by attaching your volt meter to the two pieces of metal.(7) Like all problems, however, the current perception of incompetence presents an opportunity.(8) The previews I read were all excited by this new idea technique of treating history as current affairs.(9) A common current myth about American English is that it is being ruined by mass media.(10) The decline of the dollar is a warning sign that current economic trends cannot continue.(11) However, the magnet exists only when the current is flowing from the battery.(12) a current driving licence(13) Has anyone bothered to ask the population at large how safe they feel in the current police presence?(14) He also updated the branch on the current happenings in the county.(15) Owing to this resistance, an electric field has to drive the electrons in order to maintain the current .(16) The most current bibliographical entry dates from June 2003, the year before publication.
(1) current account :: akaunti ya sasa
(2) current assets :: mali za kudumu
(3) current page :: ukurasa wa sasa
(4) current asset :: mali ya sasa
(5) current situation :: hali ya sasa
(6) the current :: sasa
(7) current affairs :: masuala ya sasa
(8) electric current :: umeme wa sasa
(9) current liabilities :: madeni ya sasa
(10) current events :: matukio ya sasa
1. contemporary ::
2. prevalent ::
3. valid ::
4. incumbent ::
5. flow ::
6. course ::
7. trend ::
8. electric current ::
umeme wa sasa
9. stream ::
1. unconventional ::
2. unusual ::
current, currently, currents
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
but cross by water
and the CURRENT could take us.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
You could charge
twice the CURRENT rate
for what I provide,
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 11
because I know it can generate
enough CURRENT to kill a horse.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 9
Yes, perhaps we could be of assistance
in some CURRENT venture.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 4
The CURRENT Mrs. Wolowitz.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
English to Swahili Dictionary: current
Meaning and definitions of current, translation in Swahili language for current with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of current in Swahili and in English language.
Tags for the entry "current"
What current means in Swahili, current meaning in Swahili, current definition, examples and pronunciation of current in Swahili language.