Noun(1) a long narrow excavation in the earth(2) any small natural waterway
Verb(1) forsake(2) throw away(3) sever all ties with, usually unceremoniously or irresponsibly(4) make an emergency landing on water(5) crash or crash-land(6) cut a trench in, as for drainage
(1) Steve was at work and my mother was sleeping, so I could ditch school today.(2) Yes, you can bail out of the aircraft or you can ditch the aircraft in the ocean or you can land.(3) Anyway, I had some people telling me to ditch the girl, others telling me to forgive and forget.(4) You need some breathing room, but you don't want to totally ditch Lindsay.(5) As your brother and your best friend, I ask you to ditch school today and go somewhere… anywhere as long as it's not school.(6) I was concerned that I was either going to have to ditch the aircraft or would have controllability problems on deck.(7) Why didn't the pilot just head out to sea and ditch the plane so the Chinese wouldn't have gotten a chance to capture it?(8) I mean come on you can't just ditch us because you moved across the country.(9) We hit a ditch and in about ten or 15 minutes all was quite.(10) If you want to ditch school and come over to hang out with me, they why should I stop you?(11) Then you discover that the process has all the glamour of digging a ditch .(12) the aircraft was obliged to ditch in the sea off the North African coast(13) Some planes searched in vain; a lot of the fighters had to ditch as they simply ran out of fuel.(14) One of their missions was to fire illumination flares to aid commercial and military aircraft that were forced to ditch at sea.(15) Why did Isabel Gonzalez carry flowers to a roadside ditch for more than 50 years?(16) Next, we came across a wide canal or antitank ditch that was filled with water.
(1) irrigation ditch :: umwagiliaji mtaro
(2) drainage ditch :: mchirizi
(3) last-ditch :: mwisho shimoni
(4) ditch water :: mtaro wa maji
1. trench ::
2. dig a ditch in ::
kuchimba mtaro katika
4. chuck ::
5. trench ::
6. dump ::
ditch, ditched, ditches, ditching
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
But I say we DITCH Akane
and make a run for Snow Lake.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 5
What, you figure on just
leaving me in some DITCH?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 5
What do you say? This Friday
we DITCH work and go to Disneyland?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
Did you DITCH pre-school?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 7
You might not want
to DITCH her on her birthday.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 11
English to Swahili Dictionary: ditch
Meaning and definitions of ditch, translation in Swahili language for ditch with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ditch in Swahili and in English language.
Tags for the entry "ditch"
What ditch means in Swahili, ditch meaning in Swahili, ditch definition, examples and pronunciation of ditch in Swahili language.