Noun(1) the members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments
Verb(1) become taut or tauter(2) make taut or tauter
Adjective(1) marked by firm determination or resolution; not shakable(2) not soft or yielding to pressure(3) strong and sure(4) not subject to revision or change(5) (of especially a person's physical features(6) not liable to fluctuate or especially to fall(7) securely established(8) possessing the tone and resiliency of healthy tissue(9) securely fixed in place(10) unwavering in devotion to friend or vow or cause
Adverb(1) with resolute determination
(1) the going was firm(2) Yet, we must be strong in our firm belief that every human heart desires to be free.(3) The Crawford Court did not provide a firm definition of the meaning of testimonial.(4) During a break in proceedings, she told the Yorkshire Post how she came to be an adviser on the show and firm friends with its star.(5) the euro remained firm against the dollar(6) It is rare for a biotechnology firm to establish its business in a an existing property.(7) Ariane's eyes looked over to Frayne who had yet to speak, he stood firm with his arms crossed.(8) Raising her head high, Julia decides to toughen herself and be firm with Cassie.(9) Her right fist appeared to have connected with something distinctly firm and solid.(10) it's my firm belief(11) We must stand firm and not bend under the social pressures and norms that surround us.(12) The two became firm friends and were close collaborators on medical topics for many years.(13) Redditch were causing the odd moment of consternation in the City defence but Wilson's men held firm and never looked in real danger of conceding.(14) They can see the firm foundations being laid at Elland Road.(15) A large hand caught her arm in a firm grip and steadied her, tugging so that she could sit up properly.(16) Constance was a firm believer that things have a way of working themselves out.
(1) law firm :: sheria imara
(2) stand firm :: kusimama imara
(3) firm ground :: ardhi imara
(4) firm up :: imara juu
(5) accounting firm :: kampuni ya uhasibu
(6) firm order :: ili kampuni
(7) firm offer :: kampuni ya kutoa
(8) be firm :: kuwa imara
(9) firm name :: jina kampuni
(10) brokerage firm :: kampuni ya udalali
1. hard ::
2. secure ::
3. strong ::
4. resolute ::
5. close ::
6. definite ::
7. steady ::
8. solid ::
9. steadfast ::
10. truehearted ::
11. immobile ::
13. company ::
14. business firm ::
kampuni ya biashara
15. tauten ::
1. uncertain ::
2. weak ::
firm, firmed, firmer, firmest, firming, firmly, firmness, firms, firmware, firmwares
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and build his cognitive life
back up on FIRM principles.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 10
I say he betrayed
me for FIRM tits and a tight fit.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
You know, b-but
they're very FIRM,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 2
...cupping his FIRM right buttock
as I do so.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 11
- Shield up.
- These men need a FIRM hand.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 1
English to Swahili Dictionary: firm
Meaning and definitions of firm, translation in Swahili language for firm with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of firm in Swahili and in English language.
Tags for the entry "firm"
What firm means in Swahili, firm meaning in Swahili, firm definition, examples and pronunciation of firm in Swahili language.