Pronoun(1) used to refer to a thing or things belonging to or associated with a male person or animal previously mentioned.
Article(1) belonging to or associated with a male person or animal previously mentioned or easily identified.(2) used in titles.
(1) he took my hand in his(2) We got him as an adult dog and I think he may have been mistreated by his previous owner.(3) What good is it for one man to have millions while people starve on his front stoop?(4) he spoke with his father(5) he brushed his teeth(6) the rest of his life(7) The world and his dog was trying to persuade me to come to the Christmas party tonight.(8) James sold his business(9) his money(10) He was a jeweller by trade and was getting out of the airforce to start his own business.(11) Columbus is said to have identified his star the moment he saw the cover of the video.(12) He was also not put off by the very grown up thought of having to set up his own business.(13) He does not want to give me his name and will not identify the patient out of respect.(14) we went round to his(15) It was truly kind of the hairdresser to come to my house with his bonny male assistant.(16) He would be in much the same position as the farmer who previously put his cows in the field.
(1) his wife :: mke wake
(2) his mother :: mama yake
(3) his own :: yake mwenyewe
(4) on his own :: peke yake
(5) his family :: familia yake
(6) every dog has his day :: kila mbwa ina siku zake
(7) at his house :: katika nyumba yake
(8) in his opinion :: kwa maoni yake
1. his ::
2. her ::
3. hers ::
4. its ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Cut HIS throat.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
We'll throw Leonard a kickass
surprise party for HIS birthday.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
Well, he'll have
the rest of HIS life
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 22
and it’s yet unknown
how HIS physical condition is.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
There's no way he'd ever go for
tHIS, you getting rid of HIS guys.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
English to Swahili Dictionary: his
Meaning and definitions of his, translation in Swahili language for his with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of his in Swahili and in English
Tags for the entry "his"
What his means in Swahili, his meaning
in Swahili, his definition, examples and pronunciation
of his in Swahili language.