Noun(1) a mood that expresses an intention to influence the listener's behavior(2) some duty that is essential and urgent
Adjective(1) requiring attention or action(2) relating to verbs in the imperative mood
(1) Law enforcement officers come ├ö├ç├┐under pressure to perform quickly├ö├ç┬¬ the imperative is simply to be seen to be tough on crime.├ö├ç├û(2) Currently, too many internet users fail to understand, or fail to act on, the imperative to protect themselves for the greater good.(3) The rampant smuggling once again shows how imperative and urgent it is now to bring domestic fuel prices closer to international levels.(4) With reloading it is absolutely imperative we measure at least twice, maybe more.(5) It is imperative that couples should communicate in order to know the root of the conflict.(6) What the brand management system should have brought, but indeed has not yet delivered, is the imperative to be more competitive.(7) The world heroine had rendered her causes morally imperative and essential to national military power.(8) It's short and sweet, but decidedly in the imperative mood.(9) Such an indication or a close relative's agreement (based on his knowledge of the donor's attitude and moral values) is imperative .(10) For a moment, despite the obviously imperative differences in gender, they emerge as the twin epic heroes on the same side, fighting the same war against a common foe.(11) Now qumi could be a feminine singular imperative meaning ├ö├ç├┐arise├ö├ç├û in either Hebrew or Aramaic.(12) Their relation sometimes shows that the imperative is no longer the consequence of the indicative, but an inseparable part of the kerygmatic indicative.(13) It is imperative this person or persons are brought to justice as quickly as possible.(14) Relatively recently, the imperative was for restraint and moderation in sexual matters; now it is for more and better sexual gratification.(15) We focused on the indicative and the imperative , the former implying fact, the latter implying authority.(16) What if Johnny paints profane imperative sentences on the barn door?
(1) categorical imperative :: categorical muhimu
(2) imperative mood :: hali ya kuamuru
(3) imperative sentence :: muhimu hukumu
(4) be imperative :: kuwa muhimu
1. vitally important ::
2. of vital importance ::
3. all-important ::
4. vital ::
5. crucial ::
6. critical ::
7. essential ::
8. necessary ::
9. indispensable ::
10. urgent ::
11. compulsory ::
12. obligatory ::
13. mandatory ::
14. imperative mood ::
hali ya kuamuru
1. elective ::
2. voluntary ::
imperative, imperatively, imperatives
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It serves the ancient IMPERATIVE
of protecting oneself against marauders.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 7
English to Swahili Dictionary: imperative
Meaning and definitions of imperative, translation in Swahili language for imperative with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of imperative in Swahili and in English
Tags for the entry "imperative"
What imperative means in Swahili, imperative meaning
in Swahili, imperative definition, examples and pronunciation
of imperative in Swahili language.