Adjective(1) other than as supposed or expected
Adverb(1) in other respects or ways(2) in another and different manner
(1) They would grace our otherwise cluttered shelves.(2) Vending machines, otherwise known as ├ö├ç├┐automatic retailing├ö├ç├û machines, have a long history.(3) Shrove Tuesday otherwise known as Pancake Day prompted Saturday Breakfast to focus our regular How To? segment on making the perfect pancake.(4) It means ├ö├ç├┐artificial nutrition and hydration├ö├ç├û - otherwise known as feeding through a tube, or hydrating through a drip in the arm.(5) The imminent arrival of January's annual pain in the wallet, otherwise known as the electricity bill, is an example of the mundane logistics of life that are preoccupying me.(6) But what it is doing is totally alienating otherwise law-abiding citizens and turning them into criminals.(7) But the leap is made every second, and we cannot pretend otherwise .(8) Yet in the present struggle, our enemies made three critical mistakes that have for the time being upset their otherwise brilliant plans.(9) Our lanky cat, who is two years old and in all respects healthy otherwise , is very skinny.(10) And, in my view, he is very convincing, giving the greatest performance of his otherwise inflated career.(11) He took a set off him and broke his serve that otherwise appears totally impregnable.(12) One of the important issues discussed in Grenada had to do with the Caribbean Single Market and Economy, otherwise known as the CSME.(13) These power stations are naturally being promoted as green alternatives, otherwise known as biomass.(14) As the proprietor was otherwise engaged, I returned to the shop later in the day.(15) They invited her to come and live with them and go to college, an opportunity she might otherwise never have had.(16) But I'm willing to overlook small hiccups in an otherwise amazing release.
(1) unless otherwise stated :: kama ilivyoelezwa vinginevyo
(2) or otherwise :: au vinginevyo
(3) not otherwise specified :: si vinginevyo maalum
(4) think otherwise :: kufikiri vinginevyo
(5) otherwise-minded :: vinginevyo wenye nia
(6) otherwise than :: kinyume na
1. or ::
2. in other respects ::
katika mambo mengine
3. in any other way ::
katika njia nyingine yoyote
4. differently ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Would you tell everyone else that?
Because they sure think OTHERWISE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 23
Otherwise I shall destroy you.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
convinced me OTHERWISE.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
Your Grace, I wish it were
OTHERWISE, but Ser Gregor is beyond saving.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 10
She wanted to bring you fire and blood
until I advised her OTHERWISE.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
English to Swahili Dictionary: otherwise
Meaning and definitions of otherwise, translation in Swahili language for otherwise with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of otherwise in Swahili and in English
Tags for the entry "otherwise"
What otherwise means in Swahili, otherwise meaning
in Swahili, otherwise definition, examples and pronunciation
of otherwise in Swahili language.