Noun(1) the force of policemen and officers
Verb(1) maintain the security of by carrying out a patrol
(1) transit police(2) After his arrest, he was questioned by local police and also members of Scotland Yard.(3) local people have lost faith in the police(4) Faced with rising crime and a lack of public faith in the police she has come out all guns blazing.(5) Bulgarian border police on Tuesday received a new six million euro telecommunication system made by Finnish company Nokia.(6) During the course of the protest, riot police arrested 23 strikers and mounted attacks on the picket lines.(7) Putting more police on the street with powers of arrest is the only answer.(8) I think there are enough challenges in trying to police the laws we have.(9) transport police(10) And so, there are supposed to be some more police on the streets.(11) Labour organisations suspect members of the armed forces or police are responsible for his murder.(12) The Metropolitan police raided a flat in Brixton after the US attacks, looking for his girlfriend.(13) Referees and their assistants have a very difficult job trying to police this law of the game.(14) Armed anti-terrorist police swooped on a Rochdale business to arrest a 30-year-old warehouse worker.(15) there are fewer women police than men(16) The rules are the rules at the end of the day it is ultimately down to the regulators to police that.
(1) police station :: Kituo cha polisi
(2) police officer :: askari
(3) call the police :: piga simu polisi
(4) police officers :: maafisa wa polisi
(5) police force :: polisi
(6) traffic police :: polisi trafiki
(7) police record :: rekodi ya polisi
(8) riot police :: polisi wa kutuliza ghasia
(9) police report :: ripoti ya polisi
(10) secret police :: polisi wa siri
1. police force ::
2. guard ::
3. enforce ::
4. patrol ::
police, policed, polices, policing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
(RIOT POLICE SPEAKING OVER PA)
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
And when the POLICE come,
I'm supposed to say:
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
It's the POLICE.
The POLICE are here, Justino.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
I'm so glad the POLICE
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 1
Each movement of the POLICE,
any possible mistake from his gang,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
English to Swahili Dictionary: police
Meaning and definitions of police, translation in Swahili language for police with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of police in Swahili and in English language.
Tags for the entry "police"
What police means in Swahili, police meaning in Swahili, police definition, examples and pronunciation of police in Swahili language.