Noun(1) an analysis (often in graphical form(2) an outline of something (especially a human face as seen from one side(3) biographical sketch(4) degree of exposure to public notice(5) a vertical section of the Earth's crust showing the different horizons or layers
Verb(1) write about(2) represent in profile, by drawing or painting
(1) His most recent feature article was a profile of Elaine Pagels in the November 2004 issue.(2) We showed that the autocorrelation profile not only contains information on diffusion timescales but also on relaxation timescales.(3) As such, Table 1 is used to summarize the previously reported findings and to provide a profile of the demographic characteristics of the sample.(4) It is likely that because of reflectance from the chamber walls the vertical profile of PPFD is altered, especially during episodes of direct sunshine.(5) The guy turned slightly and Rika managed to catch his side profile .(6) the man turned and she caught his profile(7) The Teaching Awards Trust's mission is to highlight excellence and encourage best practice in teaching, and in doing so, to raise the profile and public perception of the teaching profession.(8) His photo and blog profile complement an article that reveals 19 % of people never drink alcohol, 48 % of car drivers have had a drink before driving and 51 % believe drink driving is just as bad as having unprotected sex.(9) The consortiums don't expect to earn money from these operations, but hope to raise the public profile of their groups.(10) Lynn was wearing too much makeup, like always, and her side profile made her nose look like it protruded too far out from the rest of her face.(11) He wrote a short profile on each member of the panel that was on board the plane that evening.(12) a profile of a Texas tycoon(13) he was to profile a backbench MP(14) We must also raise the public profile of the very severe problems of the arable sector, which are now putting the industry into a critical state.(15) Our overarching goal is to both provide a needed community service, and to raise the profile and public visibility of the Alabama State Nurses Association.(16) The profile is the cross-section of a wheel (looking head on).
(1) user profile :: maelezo mafupi
(2) company profile :: kampuni profile
(3) customer profile :: profile wateja
(4) in profile :: katika profile
(5) keep a low profile :: kutokuwa na hadhi ya chini
(6) high-profile :: high-profile
(7) profile view :: ona maelezo mafupi
(8) low-profile :: chinichini
1. side view ::
2. outline ::
3. silhouette ::
4. contour ::
5. shape ::
6. form ::
7. figure ::
9. describe ::
10. write about ::
11. give an account of ::
kutoa sababu za
12. portray ::
13. depict ::
14. sketch ::
15. outline ::
profile, profiled, profiles, profiling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
After that, all I did was
check out his PROFILE,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 10
I didn't either,
until I revamped my PROFILE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
I got PROFILE now.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
Just say something normal
like, "I saw your PROFILE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 17
Just stick with the character PROFILE
I wrote for you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 10
English to Swahili Dictionary: profile
Meaning and definitions of profile, translation in Swahili language for profile with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of profile in Swahili and in English
Tags for the entry "profile"
What profile means in Swahili, profile meaning
in Swahili, profile definition, examples and pronunciation
of profile in Swahili language.