Noun(1) a payment or series of payments made by the lessee to an owner for use of some property, facility, equipment, or service(2) an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart(3) the return derived from cultivated land in excess of that derived from the poorest land cultivated under similar conditions(4) the act of rending or ripping or splitting something
Verb(1) tear or be torn violently(2) let for money(3) grant use or occupation of under a term of contract(4) engage for service under a term of contract(5) hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services
(1) Eddie was dismayed by the rent in the roof of the tent(2) Apartments in these sought-after areas can rent for Ôö¼├║1,445 to Ôö¼├║1,566 per month to international clients.(3) How can landlords be allowed to harass tenants who pay their rent , just because they have other plans for the property?(4) Your brother allowed your mother to reside there and most likely did not charge her rent .(5) In 1997, a change in the law meant it became easier for landlords to evict tenants who weren't paying their rent .(6) He added that a typical two bedroom apartment will rent for up to ├ö├®┬╝750 per month.(7) skis or snowboards rent for $60├ö├ç├┤80 for six days(8) If David pays rent and his income and savings are sufficiently low he may get housing benefit; if he pays council tax he may get council tax benefit.(9) For the remaining three months, owners can either rent the property out or use it themselves.(10) The selling agents estimate that this type of unit would rent for around ├ö├®┬╝1,015 per month.(11) Industrial units rent for between Ôö¼├║37.60 and Ôö¼├║59 per square metre depending on the size and standard of finish involved.(12) A tenant paying rent to a non-resident landlord must deduct standard rate income tax from the rent paid to the landlord and pay the tax he has deducted to the Revenue.(13) The real owners of the software can restrict you or stores and not allow anyone to rent it to others.(14) Hip-hop fans should at least rent it just for the musical aspect of the film.(15) I cannot even afford to pay the rent on this flat(16) Rather than charge monthly rent , most landlords used to require tenants to put up huge cash deposits, often hundreds of thousands of dollars.
(1) rend :: --rarua
(2) to rent :: kukodisha
(3) for rent :: kwa ajili ya kodi
(4) rent a car :: kukodisha gari
(5) rent out :: kodisha
(6) apartment for rent :: ghorofa kwa ajili ya kodi
(7) rent a house :: kodi ya nyumba
(8) pay rent :: kulipa kodi
(9) rent seeking :: kodi kutafuta
(10) room for rent :: nafasi ya kodi
(11) rent a room :: kupanga chumba
1. rental ::
2. rip ::
3. gorge ::
4. economic rent ::
kodi ya kiuchumi
5. lease ::
7. charter ::
8. take ::
rent, rental, rentals, rented, renter, renters, renting, rents
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's just temporary. I pay RENT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
Rent a plane, write it in the sky.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 12
I used Sheldon's money to pay my RENT.
Then I had, like, $14 left over.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
Remember when I auditioned for Rent but
I didn't get it and I couldn't figure out why?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 10
only be RENT, utilities
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 15
English to Swahili Dictionary: rent
Meaning and definitions of rent, translation in Swahili language for rent with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of rent in Swahili and in English
Tags for the entry "rent"
What rent means in Swahili, rent meaning
in Swahili, rent definition, examples and pronunciation
of rent in Swahili language.