Noun(1) a member of an indigenous nomadic people living in northern Scandinavia and herding reindeer(2) the language of nomadic Lapps in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula
Adjective(1) same in identity(2) closely similar or comparable in kind or quality or quantity or degree(3) equal in amount or value(4) unchanged in character or nature
(1) I came from the exact same educational system as all of you, and it was quite inadequate.(2) The very same neighbour recalls seeing a wheelie bin out for collection on occasions.(3) We all wear the same clothes to show our Primary Cross, that is, what trait shows up primarily.(4) Is this a different ship or the same ship that is believed to have sunk off Kochi?(5) Although the language used is different, the same grievances are being aired.(6) May not, this man reasons, these same happy levers of government be employed in showbusiness?(7) We get up about the same time every day, eat the same sorts of things, and put on the same sort of clothes.(8) The general conditions regarding eligibility will be the same as in previous years.(9) HP additionally made it possible to run processors of different speeds in the same server.(10) What he did say was that the website said the same thing in different words, and that the difference was only subtle.(11) The same applies to the controls, with too many identical small switches in a row.(12) Research shows that even experienced educators differ when assessing the same event.(13) The basal hydroponic solution used was the same as that described previously.(14) These are both the same drug, under different names, used to control angina.(15) Students are not all the same . They come from many different backgrounds. Some are ready to move on to challenging college courses right away.(16) He broke down the tape, same as usual. He went through the goods and the bads, same as usual. He saw plenty of things that went wrong in Monday's Game 5, starting with losing the puck twice on the first shift, and ending with 40-plus shots that didn't get to the net.
(1) the same :: sawa
(2) at the same time :: wakati huo huo
(3) same here :: Hapa pia
(4) same to you :: sawa na wewe
(5) all the same :: yote sawa
(6) one and the same :: moja na sawa
(7) same time :: huo huo
(8) same as :: sawa na
(9) same thing :: kitu sawa
(10) the same thing :: kitu kimoja
1. identical ::
3. selfsame ::
4. unchanging ::
5. like ::
6. same thing ::
1. different ::
2. disparate ::
3. dissimilar ::
4. distant ::
5. distinct ::
6. distinctive ::
7. diverse ::
8. other ::
9. unlike ::
same, sameness, sames, samey
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Seems to me like our rescue's
in the SAME boat we are.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 4
The SAME women who murdered Myrcella
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 3
And the other half would do the SAME,
except they'd rape you first.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
it's got electricity:
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
I did the SAME as a waitress.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 7
English to Swahili Dictionary: same
Meaning and definitions of same, translation in Swahili language for same with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of same in Swahili and in English language.
Tags for the entry "same"
What same means in Swahili, same meaning in Swahili, same definition, examples and pronunciation of same in Swahili language.