Noun(1) the part of the body between the neck and the upper arm(2) a cut of meat including the upper joint of the foreleg(3) a ball-and-socket joint between the head of the humerus and a cavity of the scapula(4) the part of a garment that covers or fits over the shoulder(5) a narrow edge of land (usually unpaved
Verb(1) lift onto one's shoulders(2) push with the shoulders(3) carry a burden, either real or metaphoric
(1) Some areas cook the entire hog, others just the pork shoulder , some make pulled pork.(2) It is also cruel because, as a group, high earners already shoulder one of the heaviest tax burdens in history.(3) don't shoulder me with that(4) He said many motorists drove on the shoulder of the highways and used interchanges and ramps to go around traffic lights.(5) Gonzalez has had his struggles when asked to carry a team, but the Royals don't need him to shoulder that heavy of a load.(6) My partner and I had parked on the shoulder of the highway and began to chat.(7) As the paramedics shoulder through, a commotion breaks out near the spectators.(8) There was no direct blow to the scapula and the shoulder did not dislocate.(9) shoulder injury(10) For the beef shoulder , bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.(11) who'll shoulder the cost?(12) We have to be prepared to shoulder the responsibility and accept the consequences of knowing the truth.(13) For in any situation of war or conflict, women shoulder the greatest burden.(14) she turned to look at him over her shoulder(15) Meanwhile, Nicholas had spotted his jaguar sitting on the shoulder of the road and cut three lanes to get to her.(16) to shoulder arms
(1) shoulder bag :: mfuko bega
(2) shoulder pad :: pedi bega
(3) shoulder pads :: pedi bega
(4) shoulder-length :: urefu wa bega
(5) shoulder to shoulder :: bega kwa bega
(6) hard shoulder :: bega kwa bidii
(7) shoulder width :: upana wa mabega
(8) shoulder girdle :: bega mshipi
(9) soft shoulder :: bega laini
1. shoulder joint ::
3. undertake ::
4. accept ::
5. assume ::
6. bear ::
7. carry ::
shoulder, shouldered, shouldering, shoulders
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's a scaly genital organ
that grows between his SHOULDER blades.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 8
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
about the beauty mark on her SHOULDER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 17
-To him, your SHOULDER to cry on.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
-In my SHOULDER.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 4
English to Swahili Dictionary: shoulder
Meaning and definitions of shoulder, translation in Swahili language for shoulder with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of shoulder in Swahili and in English
Tags for the entry "shoulder"
What shoulder means in Swahili, shoulder meaning
in Swahili, shoulder definition, examples and pronunciation
of shoulder in Swahili language.