mahali, stesheni ya reli
- kituo chailiyopostationingvituo
Noun(1) a facility equipped with special equipment and personnel for a particular purpose(2) proper or designated social situation(3) (nautical(4) the position where someone (as a guard or sentry(5) the frequency assigned to a broadcasting station
Verb(1) assign to a station
(1) a research station in the rainforest(2) Karen was getting ideas above her station(3) It has been described as the loneliest sheep station in New Zealand.(4) Having half an hour left to remain on station , my copilot requested weather for Syracuse International.(5) the lookout resumed his station in the bow(6) He became separated from his friend at an early stage and, when he tried to make his way to the railway station to catch a train back to his Halifax home he was told there were no trains running.(7) The lease on the Hoy auxiliary coastguard station building, where they store their equipment is up for renewal in May.(8) The equipment includes a rapidly deployable shelter that will act as a mobile field decontamination station .(9) She went to the railway station and queued alongside passengers on the westbound platform.(10) The boys at the battalion aid station can't handle the casualties.(11) The BBC local radio station is broadcasting full match commentary from 10.00 am to noon on Saturday.(12) Later in the day, the same radio station broadcasts discussions on health issues and provides other educational content.(13) Twight hung out at the Park Service rescue station or stayed in his tent.(14) The unit deployed to the mobilization station with minimal organizational equipment.(15) Marrying above one's station has been the source of fairy tales, mythology, and Hollywood movies.(16) Garda station
(1) police station :: Kituo cha polisi
(2) bus station :: Kituo cha mabasi
(3) fire station :: Kituo cha Zima Moto
(4) railway station :: kituo cha reli
(5) train station :: kituo cha treni
(6) subway station :: kituo cha Subway
(7) radio station :: Kituo cha redio
(8) space station :: kituo cha nafasi
1. stopping place ::
kuacha nafasi ya
2. establishment ::
3. office ::
4. channel ::
5. post ::
6. rank ::
7. place ::
8. put on duty ::
9. place ::
station, stationed, stationing, stations
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
my telescope up
on the space STATION,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
And you'll never guess who's here
infecting my entire STATION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 11
I can take a Soyuz rocket to the
International Space Station.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 24
by going into the bathroom
at the bus STATION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 6
straight up to
the International Space Station,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 5
English to Swahili Dictionary: station
Meaning and definitions of station, translation in Swahili language for station with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of station in Swahili and in English language.
Tags for the entry "station"
What station means in Swahili, station meaning in Swahili, station definition, examples and pronunciation of station in Swahili language.