Noun(1) an exchange of ideas via conversation(2) discussion; (`talk about' is a less formal alternative for `discussion of'(3) the act of giving a talk to an audience(4) a speech that is open to the public(5) idle gossip or rumor
Verb(1) exchange thoughts; talk with(2) express in speech(3) use language(4) reveal information(5) divulge confidential information or secrets(6) deliver a lecture or talk
(1) I can't talk at the moment(2) women's talk(3) Discourse is defined as talk and texts which are studied as social practice.(4) we need to talk, Maggie(5) He was having a serious talk with his mother as soon as all this was over.(6) When I get home I speak to my wife and we don't talk about football.(7) The new editor has instead upped news content and there is talk of launching a News Review section.(8) he can talk as well as you or I can(9) It could have become a little new-age preachy, with talk of enzymes and vitamins enhancing your well-being.(10) there's talk that ...(11) There has been a lot of talk regarding low fan attendance at the convention.(12) Guild members found the talk very informative and extend thanks to Ann for her time and interest.(13) we need more than just talk(14) he's all talk(15) But the Government says talk of collisions and delays is simply scaremongering.(16) In movies like this, a picture is worth a thousand words, and less talk would have been welcome.
(1) talk about :: majadiliano juu ya
(2) to talk :: kuongea
(3) talk show :: majadiliano kuonyesha
(4) talk to :: Ongea na
(5) small talk :: ndogo majadiliano
(6) talk over :: majadiliano juu ya
(7) talk back :: majadiliano nyuma
(8) talk dirty :: majadiliano chafu
(9) talk with :: Ongea na
(10) talk into :: majadiliano katika
1. chatter ::
2. conversation ::
4. lecture ::
5. gossip ::
7. speech ::
8. public lecture ::
hotuba ya umma
9. talk of the town ::
majadiliano ya mji
11. speak ::
12. utter ::
13. converse ::
14. mention ::
16. confess ::
17. gossip ::
18. lecture ::
19. spill ::
talk, talkative, talked, talker, talkers, talkies, talking, talks, talky
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And then we'll TALK.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 9
Working on anything
you can TALK about?
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 13
I'll TALK to Leonard.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
I don't TALK to traitors.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
l'm gonna need to TALK to you.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 9
English to Swahili Dictionary: talk
Meaning and definitions of talk, translation in Swahili language for talk with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of talk in Swahili and in English language.
Tags for the entry "talk"
What talk means in Swahili, talk meaning in Swahili, talk definition, examples and pronunciation of talk in Swahili language.