Noun(1) the quality of doing what is right and avoiding what is wrong(2) any admirable quality or attribute(3) morality with respect to sexual relations(4) a particular moral excellence
(1) He notes that vice is punished and virtue rewarded in most of the director's many babelicious films.(2) It forces heroes and heroines to act out of character and rewards vice with virtue .(3) There is no vice and virtue , no moral framework to locate the individual within the cosmic infinity of the universe.(4) The status of a character trait as a virtue need not be a fixed matter, but a matter complexly interrelated with the sort of society in which it appears.(5) It's like being very honest about other people's failings, and being honest is a virtue , so I try very hard.(6) Well, read on and decide for yourselves just what standards of journalistic virtue these folks aspire to.(7) It is by goodness and piety that man reaches perfect happiness: virtue is its own reward.(8) To be self-conscious in the most basic sense seems a virtue : to be self-aware.(9) Claiming that gay men may not value fidelity is not the same as claiming someone doesn't value a virtue such as courage or honor.(10) Kindness is an underrated virtue altogether in my humble opinion.(11) They established personal standards of piety and virtue that no other group of people since then can match.(12) Set in a unified fascistic nation of the future, this satirical sci-fi thriller sees the goodies styled as Nazis and rampant patriotism as a virtue .(13) In the Confucian view, the elder brother is meant to enable his younger brothers and sisters to cultivate their virtue by providing a moral example for them.(14) But he kept his religious views a secret, and thus spread good works instead of wasting valuable time and energy on a public performance of moral virtue .(15) Some hold that what makes any person fundamentally deserving of good or bad fortune is her level of virtue or moral merit.(16) It is very difficult to discuss ethical or morals questions such as virtue in a moderate or reasonable way.
(1) by virtue of :: kwa nguvu ya
(2) virtue ethics :: nguvu maadili
(3) in virtue of :: kwa nguvu ya
(4) civic virtue :: nguvu ya uraia
1. goodness ::
2. strong point ::
3. merit ::
4. chastity ::
usafi wa moyo
1. deficiency ::
2. demerit ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We ask the Maiden to protect Sally's VIRTUE
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
I'll leave that to the brothel keeper.
It's her name I need, not her VIRTUE.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
Look, if this was 15,000 years ago,
by VIRTUE of his size and strength...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
It would be a tragedy for
the King to lose his VIRTUE
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
...while Mr. Kim,
by VIRTUE of his youth and naiveté...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
English to Swahili Dictionary: virtue
Meaning and definitions of virtue, translation in Swahili language for virtue with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of virtue in Swahili and in English
Tags for the entry "virtue"
What virtue means in Swahili, virtue meaning
in Swahili, virtue definition, examples and pronunciation
of virtue in Swahili language.