Noun(1) a victory (as in a race or other competition(2) something won (especially money
Verb(1) be the winner in a contest or competition; be victorious(2) win something through one's efforts(3) obtain advantages, such as points, etc.(4) attain success or reach a desired goal(5) acquire or deserve by one's efforts or actions
(1) She also experienced reps regularly taking young doctors out for boozy meals in an effort to win their favour.(2) He played in one more Test to try to help them get a result and a series win .(3) After a couple of bad recent league results, a win was needed to move away from the bottom end of the table.(4) a determination to win through against all the odds(5) York Groves could climb off the foot of Pennine League division four if they win their clash at Littleborough.(6) However it did take place on Tuesday night and resulted in a win for the Poyntzpass team.(7) There have been reports of Welsh students even going as far as entering wet t-shirt contests to win prize money so they can pay their rent.(8) Neither of those lofty attributes encompassed the desperate desire to win the support of tabloid newspapers.(9) they badly need a win(10) Part of this involves a trivia contest that allows kids to win McDonald's prizes.(11) The entrant which gets the highest number of text votes will walk away with the trophy, while one of the voters will be picked at random to win a prize.(12) The women participated well, with strong play by all positions and as a result the win was Waterloo's.(13) As a result of her win on Sunday she will also be competing in the National Athletic finals at Tullamore in July.(14) The counties met in a challenge a fortnight ago, and it resulted in a convincing win for the Ulster side.(15) When she had turned fifteen, she had given up trying to win her father's love and attention.(16) the goal secured the win for them
(1) win over :: kushinda
(2) win a prize :: kushinda tuzo
(3) win back :: kushinda nyuma
(4) win money :: kushinda fedha
(5) win out :: kushinda nje
(6) win or lose :: kushinda au kupoteza
(7) play to win :: kucheza na kushinda
(8) try to win :: kujaribu kushinda
(9) win up :: kushinda juu
(10) win the prize :: kushinda tuzo
1. victory ::
3. take ::
4. be the winner ::
5. secure ::
6. captivate ::
7. advance ::
8. acquire ::
9. come through ::
kuja kwa njia ya
1. lose ::
irwin, win, wins, winy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...that you would rather lose by yourself
than WIN as part of a team?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
we're probably not
gonna WIN this one.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 10
They've managed to WIN the top
science prize in the world
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 11
The North can't WIN this war.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
Yes, you'll need to be ruthless
if you're going to WIN the throne.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
English to Swahili Dictionary: win
Meaning and definitions of win, translation in Swahili language for win with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of win in Swahili and in English language.
Tags for the entry "win"
What win means in Swahili, win meaning in Swahili, win definition, examples and pronunciation of win in Swahili language.