Noun(1) a fabric made from the hair of sheep(2) fiber sheared from animals (such as sheep(3) outer coat of especially sheep and yaks
(1) A cape made of goat or sheep wool , called a bourka, is worn around the shoulders.(2) her blue wool suit(3) Harris tweed is made from pure new wool(4) They believed thick hair was best and used hair extensions and wigs made of real hair or sheep's wool to achieve this ├ö├ç├┐look.├ö├ç├û(5) The initial lining is made of fine grasses and bark, and then a second lining of feathers, wool , or other animal hair is added.(6) For two decades poachers have slaughtered chiru by the thousands for their wool , which is finer and more expensive than cashmere.(7) In the case of meat sheep versus wool sheep, wool is usually around $10 a kilo, and meat $2 a kilo.(8) Until recently, sheep shearing and wool processing was the major industry.(9) Aluminium can be keep clean with fine steel wool and plenty of soap.(10) People breed sheep with the intention of shearing their wool , making clothing out of their skin, and eating their flesh.(11) Solid-colored llama wool sweaters offer protection against the cold Andean night air.(12) He pulled out his trusted wooden sword and cut a swath of wool from the sheep, exposing the flesh of the animal.(13) The entire body and limbs were covered with a thick fine hair or wool curling tightly to the skin.(14) All materials (cellulose Soxhlet thimbles, silica wool , vials) were cleaned with analytical grade organic solvents prior to use.(15) They breed angora rabbits, originally for meat, but now to turn their fur into angora wool clothing.(16) The wool is sheared in early spring and sold to Tierra Wools.
(1) steel wool :: chuma pamba
(2) cotton wool :: pamba
(3) glass wool :: kioo pamba
(4) wool sweater :: sweta pamba
(5) ball of wool :: mpira wa pamba
(6) mineral wool :: madini pamba
(7) wool socks :: soksi sufu
(8) dyed-in-the-wool :: dyed-katika-sufu
(9) wool cloth :: nguo sufu
(10) virgin wool :: bikira sufu
2. yarn ::
3. woolen ::
wool, woolen, woolens, woolite, woollies, woolly
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Because I checked
the Sheep and Wool Festival website,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 11
Cotton blanket 'stead of WOOL
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 23
Just working it under all those
layers of WOOL and polyester.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 10
with this cute little
lump of WOOL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 5
I thought we were past the days
when you'd pull the WOOL over my eyes.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
English to Swahili Dictionary: wool
Meaning and definitions of wool, translation in Swahili language for wool with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of wool in Swahili and in English
Tags for the entry "wool"
What wool means in Swahili, wool meaning
in Swahili, wool definition, examples and pronunciation
of wool in Swahili language.