Verb(1) be an inhabitant of or reside in(2) lead a certain kind of life; live in a certain style(3) continue to live and avoid dying(4) support oneself(5) have life, be alive(6) have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations(7) pursue a positive and satisfying existence
Adjective(1) actually being performed at the time of hearing or viewing(2) exerting force or containing energy(3) possessing life(4) highly reverberant(5) charged with an explosive(6) elastic; rebounds readily(7) abounding with life and energy(8) in current use or ready for use(9) of current relevance(10) charged or energized with electricity(11) capable of erupting
Adverb(1) not recorded
(1) Three hundred people staged a rally at Dover yesterday over the export of live animals.(2) The batter is poured into a banana-leaf-lined container and baked in a clay oven on live coals.(3) I also remember watching his resignation speech live , another great performance.(4) you have to live your faith(5) Even though I'd only written my first song then, I'd been playing live for years.(6) He will live on in our memories.(7) Carnivorous animals will eat live insects and some will eat mice and rats.(8) they live by hunting and fishing(9) Instead of enjoying the fact that we can live comfortably, we spend our time looking to see who is living just that little bit more comfortably than us.(10) Several diseases cause rings of dead grass with live green grass in the center.(11) they live by preying on other animals(12) Crowded round a radio listening to the live broadcast from Parliament, we all felt that a change was going to come, something old was dying.(13) the game is brought to you live from Croke Park(14) Is this because it was simply oral, or was it because it was a live vaccine?(15) John will also report live from the major events in the political calendar.(16) By the following morning doctors had told Lorraine that she had a rare form of cervical cancer and only six months to live .
(1) to live :: kuishi
(2) live on :: moja kwa moja kwenye
(3) live alone :: kuishi peke
(4) live it up :: kuishi it up
(5) live with :: kuishi na
(6) live up :: kuishi
(7) long live :: maisha marefu
1. living ::
2. in the flesh ::
4. hot ::
5. unexploded ::
6. unrecorded ::
7. alive ::
8. springy ::
9. exist ::
10. reside in ::
12. experience ::
13. survive ::
14. enjoy oneself ::
15. live on ::
moja kwa moja kwenye
16. be ::
17. know ::
18. populate ::
1. depart ::
2. die ::
3. expire ::
4. perish ::
5. succumb ::
live, lived, liveware, livewares
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...after you leave,
I still have to LIVE with him.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
He's just gonna LIVE there rent-free?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 1
Filmed before a LIVE studio audience.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 6
I LIVE here.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
Raj is looking for a cheap place to LIVE,
and I wrote "India."
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 18
English to Swahili Dictionary: live
Meaning and definitions of live, translation in Swahili
language for live with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of live in Swahili and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'live'
What live means in Swahili, live meaning
in Swahili, live
definition, examples and pronunciation
of live in Swahili language.