Noun(1) document giving the tax collector information about the taxpayer's tax liability(2) a coming to or returning home(3) the occurrence of a change in direction back in the opposite direction(4) getting something back again(5) the act of going back to a prior location(6) the income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property(7) happening again (especially at regular intervals(8) a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one(9) the key on electric typewriters or computer keyboards that causes a carriage return and a line feed(10) a reciprocal group action(11) a tennis stroke that sends the ball back to the other player(12) (American football(13) the act of someone appearing again
Verb(1) go or come back to place, condition, or activity where one has been before(2) give back(3) go back to a previous state(4) go back to something earlier(5) bring back to the point of departure(6) return in kind(7) make a return(8) answer back(9) be restored(10) pay back(11) pass down(12) elect again(13) be inherited by(14) return to a previous position; in mathematics(15) give or supply(16) submit (a report, etc.
(1) since their return from the games(2) Yet only two days into his holiday, he found himself so captivated by the island he famously tore up his return train ticket and threw it into the sea.(3) There is little indication in the figures that there will be a return to strong economic growth in the near future.(4) Mapuches have strongly protested against discrimination and demanded the return of their ancestral land.(5) complete the application form and return it to this address(6) These computations can be done on any part of your business, thereby helping you figure out what areas bring the best return on your time, money, and efforts.(7) It is taken away with an astounding backhand return but a second chance is converted when Nathan nets a backhand.(8) they'll return to Ireland next year(9) A male colleague and I were given the task of escorting him on a home visit, though only told of the risks upon return .(10) Her feelings of fear, anger, and revulsion brought the return of her hysteria and nausea crept into her throat.(11) Each product is made with as little money as possible, so as to increase its return , and allow the vendor to price it at a level customers will buy.(12) The Italian Prime Minister has created yet another diplomatic storm by demanding the return of a painting held by the National Gallery of Ireland.(13) The return of the Liberals to office in 1893 sharpened the conflict.(14) The declining uptake of childhood vaccinations resulting from the fears promoted by these campaigns may lead to the return of real epidemics, causing death and disability.(15) That night, over a hundred people showed up to pray for the safe return of the captives.(16) You can get to Strasbourg by Ryan Air for Ôö¼├║29.09 return from Stansted.
(1) to return :: kurudi
(2) in return :: kwa malipo
(3) return the favor :: kulipa wema
(4) tax return :: malipo ya kodi
(5) return ticket :: tiketi ya kurudi
(6) return to :: kurudi
(7) return home :: kurudi nyumbani
(8) return back :: kurudi nyuma
(9) return address :: mahali kurudi
(10) return on investment :: faida katika uwekezaji
1. homecoming ::
3. giving back ::
4. yield ::
5. statement ::
6. return key ::
7. take ::
9. comeback ::
10. coming back ::
12. income tax return ::
kodi ya mapato
13. go back ::
14. recur ::
15. give back ::
16. restore ::
17. hit back ::
18. reciprocate ::
19. answer ::
20. deliver ::
21. yield ::
22. elect ::
23. fall ::
24. render ::
26. generate ::
27. repay ::
28. regress ::
29. reelect ::
30. take back ::
1. ask ::
2. inquire ::
3. question ::
return, returnable, returnables, returned, returnee, returnees, returner, returners, returning, returns
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If we allow the Sons of the Harpy
to RETURN us to chains,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
Lord Bolton will garrison
here until we RETURN.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
It would be better to wait
for King Robert's RETURN.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
Perhaps one day
you will RETURN to the Summer Isles.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4
I expect I'll be a married woman
by the time you RETURN.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
English to Swahili Dictionary: return
Meaning and definitions of return, translation in Swahili
language for return with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of return in Swahili and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'return'
What return means in Swahili, return meaning
in Swahili, return
definition, examples and pronunciation
of return in Swahili language.